Sunday, September 15, 2013

The First Few Days

Peyton is two weeks old now and we are loving having her in our family. We have a gazillion pictures to download from the camera, but here are a few from her first five days of life.

I have tried to be very helpful. I got Sydney's old crib mobile out of storage, turned it on, and held it up over Peyton's bouncer so she would stop crying. It did the trick.





Sydney has also been trying to stay busy.



Grandma de Jong came to help out the day after Peyton was born and she stayed for a whole week. She had fun playing with us and cuddling with Peyton.




Peyton had her first big diaper blowout so Mom and Grandma washed her off in the sink. You can't tell by her face, but she loved having the warm water running on her.  She stopper crying immediately.



Mom and Dad are definitely outnumbered now. Here's Dad doing double time:



Cuddle time with Mom:



Hangin' out in her bouncer/bed.



Peyton sleeps a ton! She doesn't cry nearly as much as Syd and I did. Of course, she has her ups and downs, but when Peyton sleeps for three hours at a time, it sure makes life easier on Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

Julie and Mike Wood said...

Peyton is so cute! I love the one where she's resting on your chest. So sweet and chubby cheeks. congratulations!!