Thursday, July 30, 2009

Keeping cool

Is anyone else melting out there? According to weather.com it was 105 degrees in Renton yesterday! Holy cow! It is so hard to sleep when it is that hot. So I haven't been napping all that well. I finally conked out on the couch just before dinner on Monday.


I didn't get much of a nap yesterday either and it was waaaaaay too hot in my room at bedtime (which has been around 10pm the past few nights). So I got to camp out in the family room (which was only 94 degrees instead of 100) with Mommy so the fan could blow on both of us.
I tried to sleep on Mommy's pillow, but she didn't seem to want to share.
We ended up moving onto the couch in the middle of the night. I was still tired when I woke up this morning. The heat really wears you out!

Here's a tip for keeping cool: spray everyone and everything with ice water from a spray bottle.


1 comment:

Tara said...

I've heard about that heat you are having and I don't envy you one bit! I've been complaining about the heat here, but I found out that we have yet to break into the 90's in NYC this summer! So I'm done complaining!