Saturday, May 16, 2009

California Fun

Mommy and I have been in California visiting Grandma and Grandpa de Jong for the past four days. It has been really hot (around 100 degrees) but really fun. Mommy has enjoyed being pampered by Grandma and Grandpa (me too) but she's glad that I'll be sleeping in my own bed again tonight. I don't like napping or sleeping through the night on vacation. And since I know how to climb IN and OUT of the pack n play, I can just get up and out if I don't feel like napping--awesome!

Our first day in California, Aunt Kari was there too. Grandma, Mommy, Kari, and I went to the Children's Discovery Museum.

Trying on a fireman's hat:



Aunt Kari trying desperately to get a picture with me, as always:

We found some fun dress up clothes that Aunt Kari had fun trying on:

A real police motorcycle! Mommy was worried that I would fall off while she took the picture, so Aunt Kari was my safety net.


They had a mini grocery store with shopping carts just my size! I had fun pushing them around in and out of the store until a controlling employee of the museum said all the kids had to keep the carts in the store "for safety reasons." Whatever that means.

But that's okay, because the cash register was fun too.
Mommy, Aunt Kari, and I had fun making cool art creations.



Peek-a-boo!

Aunt Kari and I playing with magnets. As you can tell, even though it was a "children's" museum, Kari seemed to find it just as exciting as I did.


It turns out I'm not a magnet. I didn't stick to the metal table.

One of the most fun parts of the museum was running up

and down the huge ramp.


They also had this cool magnetic wall that tins stuck to.


And of course, back at home, I didn't waste any time making friend with my favorite buddy Cujo.

We did tons more, but Mommy has to pack since we're leaving for the airport in half an hour. Hopefully it won't be totally raining and cold when we get back to Washington. I've been spoiled with four days in the sun.

No comments: