Friday, January 2, 2009

1st Christmas

Christmas morning with Mommy and Daddy.


First things first--stocking loot:






The first present I opened was a set of Thomas choo-choos. So cool! I couldn't stop playing with them.




A sweater for Mommy:




Gloves for Daddy:





Playdoh! (And notice the Mr. Potato Head in the background.)





Mommy got some new slippers:




And boy did she need them! Here are the bottoms of her old slippers and notice the hole in the toe of her slipper sock above.




Beware! Daddy got Settlers of Catan and wants to play it every night! YOU could be invited over soon to be his next victim. (Right now Mommy is playing it with him over and over--she could use a little reprieve, or just extra company.) Gma and Gpa de Jong had to play it while they were visiting--although Gma said she actually liked (definitely better than Acquire)--the fact that she won once might have improved her opinion.





Wall-E!!! (Or "bo-bots" as I call it.) We rented this video in November and I watched it at least half a dozen times in the few days we had it. Now it's all mine and I can watch it every single day! (I also got "Toy Story" in my stocking and Mommy is so excited to watch these movies over and over with me.)





The Aftermath:




Mommy doesn't let anyone clean up the wrapping paper and boxes until everyone is done opening presents so she can get and "after" picture.


And here I am still playing with my trains.




Daddy and I were exhausted from all of the excitement of presents and stockings.




1 comment:

Margaret said...

Oh Kristen, let me paint a picture for you of my last 5 (not kidding!) New Years Eves.....
Austin, my dad, brother-in-law Dave and my brother Kyle playing Settlers starting at about 9 until....who knows. I usually fall asleep on the couch (with my sister and mom) and Austin will wake me up for bed around 2 am.
Actually that happens about every other night when we are in Utah.